English | 2015 | ISBN: 978-1-4493-4186-2 | 612 Pages | PDF | 11 MB
Whether you’re a budding blogger or seasoned Web designer, WordPress is a brilliant tool for creating websites, once you know how to tap its impressive features. The latest edition of this jargon-free Missing Manual shows you how to use WordPress 3.9’s themes, widgets, plug-ins, and souped-up editing and multimedia tools to build just about any kind of site.
The important stuff you need to know:
– Create your site. Get hands-on, A-to-Z instructions for building all types of websites, from classy blogs to professional-looking ecommerce sites.
– Add features. Choose from thousands of widgets and plug-ins to enhance your site’s ease of use, looks, and performance.
– Mix in multimedia. Add picture galleries, slideshows, video clips, music players, and podcasts to your pages.
– Attract an audience. Create automatic content feeds, sign up site subscribers, and help readers share your posts on social media.
– Fine-tune your content. Analyze site statistics to improve your content and reach, and to optimize your site for search engines.
– Go Mobile. Choose a theme that automatically reconfigures your site for mobile devices.
– Build a truly unique site. Learn how to customize WordPress themes to create a site that looks exactly the way you want it to.