English | 2020 | ISBN: 1838987190 | 650 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 137 MB
Efficiently manage and administer enterprise environments using Windows Server 2019
This second edition of the Windows Server 2019 Cookbook is packed with practical recipes that will get you up and running with the essential administrative tasks in Windows Server 2019.
The book starts by taking you through the basics needed to get a Windows Server operating system working, and then teaches you how to navigate through daily tasks using the upgraded graphical user interface (GUI). You’ll then learn how to compose an optimal Group Policy and facilitate task automation with PowerShell scripting. As you advance, you’ll get to grips with faster app innovation, improved Windows security measures, and hybrid cloud environments. You’ll also explore the functions available to provide remote network access to your remote users and cover the new Hyper-V enhancements in this upgraded version. Lastly, this book will walk you through practical recipes on Azure integration and important tips for how to manage a Windows Server environment seamlessly.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well-versed with major Windows services configuration and will be able to implement best practices for securing a Windows Server environment.
What you will learn
- Get up and running with the all-new features of Windows Server 2019
- Effectively install, configure, and administer Windows Server 2019
- Configure the server to host any enterprise application
- Discover ways to manage a server without a GUI
- Safeguard your virtual machines in the event of server failure
- Explore new ways to integrate Windows Server with Azure
- Deploy Windows containers using Docker