English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78217-293-2 | 276 Pages | PDF | 22 MB
VMware NSX is at the forefront of the Software defined networking revolution. It makes it even easier for organizations to unlock the full benefits of a Software defined data center – scalability, flexibility – while adding in vital security and automation features to keep any sysadmin happy. Software alone won’t power your business – with NSX you can use it more effectively than ever before, optimizing your resources and reducing costs.
Getting started should be easy – this guide makes sure it is. It takes you through the core components of NSX, demonstrating how to set it up, customize it within your current network architecture. You’ll learn the principles of effective design, as well as some things you may need to take into consideration when you’re creating your virtual networks. We’ll also show you how to construct and maintain virtual networks, how to deal with any tricky situations and failures – your organization depends on your troubleshooting skills!
By the end you’ll be confident you can deliver, scale and secure an exemplary virtualized network with NSX
What you will learn
- Deep dive into NSX-v Manager, Controller deployment, and design decisions
- Get to know the strategies needed to make decisions on each mode of VXLAN that is based on physical network design
- Deploy Edge Gateway and leverage all the gateway features and design decisions
- Get to grips with NSX-v Security features and automate security
- Leverage Cross VC, identify the benefits, and work through a few deployment scenarios
- Troubleshoot an NSX-v to isolate problems and identify solutions through a step-by-step process