Learn How to Create Great Games With Unity!
Unity is the most popular game engine to date and is loved by beginners and experts alike. It’s the easiest way to create cross-platform games with an intuitive — but very powerful — editor that brings your game ideas to life while allowing you to focus on the gameplay.
This book will guide you through how to use Unity. While building three playable games, you’ll learn all about GameObjects and Prefabs, how to handle input, build user interfaces, light your scenes, use pathfinding and AI, control cameras, animate your characters and scenes and write C# scripts to control the action. Along the way, the book will also introduce you to some neat techniques to ensure your games perform in the most efficient way.
Who this book is for
This book is for complete beginners to Unity. No prior programming experience with C# is required.
Topics covered in Unity Apprentice
- Installing and Using Unity: Learn about the Unity Hub and Editor.
- Creating GameObjects and Prefabs: The building blocks for any Unity game.
- Controlling Your Game with Scripts: Unity uses the C# programming language. This book will teach you the basics of how to add logic to your characters and scenes.
- User Input and Collisions: Learn how to let players control your game. And, find out how to detect collisions to trigger events.
- User Interfaces: Every game needs a user interface to communicate your game’s state. Learn how to create and organize these for your games.
- Basic AI and Navigation: Learn how you can make your characters react to events and exhibit their own behaviors and movement.
- Cinemachine: Control your camera angles to add professional views and to make sure your players don’t miss important events.
- Object Pooling: Make the most of the resources available to you by organizing your GameObjects effectively.
- Advanced Animation: Move your GameObjects using the most appropriate animation technique for the job.
After reading this book and completing your Unity apprenticeship by working through the included exercises and challenges, you’ll be able to create your own cross-platform games with Unity.Homepage