English | 2020 | ISBN: 1838645649 | 490 Pages | EPUB | 14 MB
From fundamentals and design patterns to the different strategies for creating secure and reliable architectures in AWS cloud, learn everything you need to become a successful solutions architect
Becoming a solutions architect gives you the flexibility to work with cutting-edge technologies and define product strategies. This handbook takes you through the essential concepts, design principles and patterns, architectural considerations, and all the latest technology that you need to know to become a successful solutions architect.
This book starts with a quick introduction to the fundamentals of solution architecture design principles and attributes that will assist you in understanding how solution architecture benefits software projects across enterprises. You’ll learn what a cloud migration and application modernization framework looks like, and will use microservices, event-driven, cache-based, and serverless patterns to design robust architectures. You’ll then explore the main pillars of architecture design, including performance, scalability, cost optimization, security, operational excellence, and DevOps. Additionally, you’ll also learn advanced concepts relating to big data, machine learning, and the Internet of Things (IoT). Finally, you’ll get to grips with the documentation of architecture design and the soft skills that are necessary to become a better solutions architect.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned techniques to create an efficient architecture design that meets your business requirements.
What you will learn
- Explore the various roles of a solutions architect and their involvement in the enterprise landscape
- Approach big data processing, machine learning, and IoT from an architect’s perspective and understand how they fit into modern architecture
- Discover different solution architecture patterns such as event-driven and microservice patterns
- Find ways to keep yourself updated with new technologies and enhance your skills
- Modernize legacy applications with the help of cloud integration
- Get to grips with choosing an appropriate strategy to reduce cost