English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1484266304 | 408 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 38 MB
Take a deep dive into the architectural approach, best practices, and key considerations needed to comprehend, evaluate, and design an efficient, scalable, and sustainable Salesforce-based solution. This book takes a comprehensive look at the seven architectural domains that must be considered when architecting a Salesforce-based solution and equips you to develop the artifacts needed for an end-to-end enterprise architecture blueprint for Salesforce implementation and DevOps.
This must-have handbook helps Salesforce professionals implement and manage Salesforce in their organization. You will learn Salesforce architecture: solution architecture, data architecture, security architecture, integration architecture, identity and access management architecture, and strategies that can be used for Salesforce-based mobile applications.
In addition to the main architecture concepts, the book also offers industry best practices and the recommended framework for approaching, managing, delivering, and continuously improving a Salesforce solution using its Salesforce Development & Deployment Lifecycle.
What You Will Learn
- Get a detailed overview of the Salesforce multi-tenant, metadata-driven architectural framework and the under-the-hood technology stack that supports Salesforce
- Know the seven architecture domains, their intricacies, and the considerations needed within each when designing a Salesforce solution
- Have an architectural mindset and the artifacts needed to architect an end-to-end enterprise-level implementation of Salesforce
- Be familiar with the most common Salesforce products, licenses, AppExchange products, and the key considerations of using out-of-the-box declarative capabilities vs custom programmatic capabilities of Salesforce
- Understand data architecture design considerations that include data modeling in Salesforce, identifying and mitigating large data volume concerns, and the key considerations for data migration and data archiving strategies
- Understand security architecture considerations related to securing data within Salesforce and the various approaches to allow or restrict sharing and visibility from within Salesforce
- Understand integration architecture considerations that provide an overview of the integration patterns and the integrations solutions that can be used with Salesforce to connect Salesforce with a remote system hosted on-premises, on the cloud, or by third-party solution providers
- Understand identity and access management architectural considerations across the 9 stages of an identity and access management lifecycle
- Be aware of the strategies available to design mobile solutions with Salesforce and the options available for Salesforce mobile architecture
- Employ the principles of the DevOps & Development Lifecycle needed for an ideal state Salesforce implementation