English | 2020 | ISBN: 1839211560 | 364 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 96 MB
Harness the latest capabilities of HTML5 and CSS to create a single UI that works flawlessly on mobile phones, tablets, and desktops – plus everything in-between
Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS, Third Edition is a renewed and extended version of one of the biggest bestselling and most comprehensive books on the latest HTML5 and CSS tools and techniques for responsive web design.
Written in the author’s signature friendly and informal style, this edition covers all the newest developments and improvements in RWD including better user accessibility, variable fonts and font-loading, CSS Scroll Snap, and much, much more. With a new chapter dedicated to CSS Grid, you will understand how it differs from the Flexbox layout mechanism and when you should use one over the other.
Furthermore, you will gain executable knowledge of SVG, writing accessible HTML markup, creating stunning aesthetics and effects with CSS, applying transitions, transformations, and animations, integrating media queries, and more. The book concludes by exploring some exclusive guidance and approaches for front-end development from the author.
By the end of this book, you will not only have a comprehensive understanding of responsive web design, and what is possible with the latest HTML5 and CSS, but also the knowledge of how to best implement each technique.
What you will learn
- Integrate CSS media queries into your designs; apply different styles to different device classes
- Load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution
- Leverage the speed, semantics, and clean markup of accessible HTML patterns
- Implement SVGs into your designs to provide resolution-independent images
- Apply the latest features of CSS like custom properties, variable fonts, and CSS Grid
- Add validation and interface elements like date and color pickers to HTML forms
- Understand the multitude ways to enhance interface elements with filters, shadows, animations, and more