English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-0367205492 | 394 Pages | PDF | 12 MB
This book is aimed at conservation and development practitioners who need to learn and use R in a part-time professional context. It gives people with a non-technical background a set of skills to graph, map, and model in R. It also provides background on data integration in project management and covers fundamental statistical concepts. The book aims to demystify R and give practitioners the confidence to use it.
- Viewing data science as part of a greater knowledge and decision making system
- Foundation sections on inference, evidence, and data integration
- Plain English explanations of R functions
- Relatable examples which are typical of activities undertaken by conservation and development organisations in the developing world
- Worked examples showing how data analysis can be incorporated into project reports