This book is a practical guide that shows you the advantages of using Python for pentesting with the help of detailed code examples.
We start by exploring the basics of networking with Python and then proceed to network hacking. Next, we delve into hacking the application layer where we start with gathering information from a website. We then move on to concepts related to website hacking such as parameter tampering, DDoS, XSS, and SQL injection.
By reading this book, you will learn different techniques and methodologies that will familiarize you with the art of pentesting as well as creating automated programs to find the admin console, SQL injection, and XSS attack.
What You Will Learn
- Monitor the Ethernet IP and TCP traffic over the network
- Explore wireless traffic with the help of various programs
- Perform wireless attacks with Python programs
- Check live systems and distinguish between the operating system and services of a remote machine
- Broaden your concepts in pentesting right from the basics of the client/server architecture in Python
- Gather passive information from a website using automated scripts
- Perform XSS, SQL injection, and parameter tampering attacks