English | 2018 | ISBN: 1789138962 | 230 Pages | EPUB | 14 MB
This book gives you the skills you need to use Python for penetration testing, with the help of detailed code examples. This book has been updated for Python 3.6.3 and Kali Linux 2018.1.
This book gives you the skills you need to use Python for penetration testing (pentesting), with the help of detailed code examples.
We start by exploring the basics of networking with Python and then proceed to network hacking. Then, you will delve into exploring Python libraries to perform various types of pentesting and ethical hacking techniques. Next, we delve into hacking the application layer, where we start by gathering information from a website. We then move on to concepts related to website hacking―such as parameter tampering, DDoS, XSS, and SQL injection.
By reading this book, you will learn different techniques and methodologies that will familiarize you with Python pentesting techniques, how to protect yourself, and how to create automated programs to find the admin console, SQL injection, and XSS attacks.
What you will learn
- The basics of network pentesting including network scanning and sniffing
- Wireless, wired attacks, and building traps for attack and torrent detection
- Web server footprinting and web application attacks, including the XSS and SQL injection attack
- Wireless frames and how to obtain information such as SSID, BSSID, and the channel number from a wireless frame using a Python script
- The importance of web server signatures, email gathering, and why knowing the server signature is the first step in hacking