English | 2014 | ISBN: 978-1-84951-346-3 | 270 Pages | PDF | 14 MB
Python is an excellent language to use to write code and have fun by prototyping applications quickly. The presence of lots of third-party libraries, also known as batteries, makes it even more easier and faster to prototype an application or to implement a new algorithm. If you are interested in creating the building blocks for many practical web and networking applications that rely on networking protocols then this book is a must-have.
This book highlights major aspects of network programming in Python starting from writing simple networking clients, to developing complex screen-scraping and network security monitoring scripts. It creates the building blocks for many practical web and networking applications that rely on various networking protocols. This book presents the power and beauty of Python in solving the numerous real-world tasks in the area of network programming, system and network administration, network monitoring, and web-application development.
This book develops your ability to solve a wide range of network programming tasks in Python. We will start by exploring the Python standard library functions to create client/server network and manipulate your local networking resources available under both IPv4 and IPv6. The practical focus continues with creating web and email clients, scraping web pages, fetching information from various websites, and searching for information on the Web such as Amazon, Flickr, and other sites. It further develops your skills to analyze your network security vulnerabilities using advanced network packet capture and analysis techniques.
What You Will Learn
- Develop TCP/IP networking client/server applications
- Administer local machines’ IPv4/IPv6 network interfaces
- Write multi-purpose efficient web clients for HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Create e-mail clients to work with common e-mail protocols such as SMTP, POP3, IMAP, and so on.
- Scrape websites and search for useful information
- Perform remote system administration tasks over Telnet and SSH connections
- Interact with popular websites via web services such as XML-RPC, SOAP, and REST APIs
- Monitor and analyze major common network security vulnerabilities