English | 2015 | ISBN: 978-1-78528-375-8 | 317 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 22 MB
Python is a multi-domain, interpreted programming language. It is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. It is often used as a scripting language because of its forgiving syntax and compatibility with a wide variety of different eco-systems. Its flexible syntax enables developers to write short scripts while at the same time, they can use object-oriented concepts to develop very large projects.
Python GUI Programming Cookbook follows a task-based approach to help you create beautiful and very effective GUIs with the least amount of code necessary. This book uses the simplest programming style, using the fewest lines of code to create a GUI in Python, and then advances to using object-oriented programming in later chapters. If you are new to object-oriented programming (OOP), this book will teach you how to take advantage of the OOP coding style in the context of creating GUIs written in Python.
Throughout the book, you will develop an entire GUI application, building recipe upon recipe, connecting the GUI to a database. In the later chapters, you will explore additional Python GUI frameworks, using best practices. You will also learn how to use threading to ensure your GUI doesn’t go unresponsive.
By the end of the book, you will be an expert in Python GUI programming to develop a common set of GUI applications.
What You Will Learn
- Create amazing GUIs with Python’s built-in Tkinter module
- Customize the GUIs by using layout managers to arrange the GUI widgets
- Advance to an object-oriented programming style using Python
- Develop beautiful charts using the free Matplotlib Python module
- Use threading in a networked environment to make the GUIs responsive
- Discover ways to connect the GUIs to a database
- Understand how unit tests can be created and internationalize the GUI
- Extend the GUIs with free Python frameworks using best practices