English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1492041054 | 272 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 21 MB
Serverless revolutionizes the way organizations build and deploy software. With this hands-on guide, Java engineers will learn how to use their experience in the new world of serverless computing. You’ll discover how this cloud computing execution model can drastically decrease the complexity in developing and operating applications while reducing costs and time to market.
Engineering leaders John Chapin and Mike Roberts guide you through the process of developing these applications using AWS Lambda, Amazon’s event-driven, serverless computing platform. You’ll learn how to prepare the development environment, program Lambda functions, and deploy and operate your serverless software. The chapters include exercises to help you through each aspect of the process.
- Get an introduction to serverless, functions as a service, and AWS Lambda
- Learn how to deploy working Lambda functions to the cloud
- Program Lambda functions and learn how the Lambda platform integrates with other AWS services
- Build and package Java-based Lambda code and dependencies
- Create serverless applications by building a serverless API and data pipeline
- Test your serverless applications using automated techniques
- Apply advanced techniques to build production-ready applications
- Understand both the gotchas and new opportunities of serverless architecture