English | 2021 | ISBN: 1484265604 | 206 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Have a custom API that you aren’t sure how to use with Ember Data? Interested in writing your own adapter or serializer? Want to just know more about how Ember Data works? This is the Ember Data book you have been waiting for.
Lots of books and tutorials start off teaching Ember with Ember Data. This is great, especially if you are in control of your API, but what if you aren’t? You do a little research and start seeing terminology like adapters, serializers, transforms, and snapshots, and quickly become overwhelmed. Maybe you’ve thought to yourself that Ember isn’t for you. Well, if this sounds familiar, then this book is for you.
What You’ll Learn
- Review the differences between normalization and serialization
- Understand how the built-in adapters and serializers in Ember Data work
- Customize adapters and serializers to consume any API and write them from scratch
- Handle API errors in Ember Data
- Work with the Reddit API using Ember Data
- Learn how to use polymorphic relationships