English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-1484287446 | 891 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Develop Android apps with Kotlin to create more elegant programs than the Java equivalent. This revised book covers the various aspects of a modern Android app that professionals are expected to encounter. You’ll use the latest Kotlin APIs as made available in most recent versions of the Android SDK.
There are chapters dealing with all the important aspects of the Android platform, including GUI design, file- and data-handling, coping with phone calls, multimedia apps, interaction with location and mapping services, monetizing apps, and much more. Jetpack will also be covered. It is a suite of libraries to help developers follow best practices, reduce boilerplate code, and write code that works consistently across Android versions and devices.
Pro Android with Kotlin, Second Edition is an invaluable source for developers wanting to build real-world, state-of-the-art Android apps for modern Android devices using the Kotlin programming language and its APIs as available in the modern Android SDK. After reading this book, you’ll come away with the skills and techniques to build modern Android apps that you can sell on Google Play. Free source code is available on this book’s Github page as well.
What You Will Learn
- Integrate activities, such as intents, services, notifications and more, into your Android apps
- Build UIs in Android using layouts, widgets, lists, menus, and action bars
- Deal with data in your Android apps using data persistence and cloud access
- Design for different Android devices
- Create multimedia apps in Android
- Secure, deploy, and monetize your Android apps
Resolve the captcha to access the links!