English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-1837635962 | 300 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 11 MB
Elevate your e-commerce game and beat the competition by unleashing the power of PrestaShop 8.x with Symfony-based modules, customizable themes, and much more
- Understand the data and object architecture of the legacy and new Symfony core of PrestaShop
- Create modules to add features such as content blocks, payment options, and carriers to your store
- Learn to customize themes and override existing module templates
After version 1.7, PrestaShop underwent a host of changes, including migration to a Symfony-based system from an outdated legacy code. This migration brought about significant changes for developers, from routine maintenance to module development. Practical Module Development for PrestaShop 8 is curated to help you explore the system architecture, including migrated and non-migrated controllers, with a concise data structure overview. You’ll understand how hooks enable module customization and optimize the CMS.
Through the creation of seven modules, you’ll learn about the structure of modules, hook registration, the creation of front-office controllers, and Symfony back-office controllers. By using Doctrine entities, services, CQRS, grids, and forms, you’ll be guided through the creation of standard, payment and carrier modules. Additionally, you’ll customize and override themes to achieve your desired e-commerce store look.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well equipped to provide modern solutions with PrestaShop that meet client requirements.
What you will learn
- Understand the structure of PrestaShop’s core
- Explore hooks and their functions
- Create a hello world module
- Build modules to display blocks in the front office with different styles
- Design a module to add fields to the category pages and manage them
- Fashion a blogging module with front and modern back-office controllers
- Fabricate payment and carrier modules to improve the user experience
- Customize a theme by creating a child theme
Resolve the captcha to access the links!