Before the Coding Begins
You’re new at your job. You’re a project manager and you’ve just been tasked with overseeing the new website. You’re thrilled! But you’re also freaked out because you’ve never led a project like this in your life. Don’t despair. In this video course, web design vets Jen Kramer and Heather O’Neill will put your mind at ease and mentor you towards gold. They’ll show you, in step-by-step fashion, how to plan and design a website-from defining site goals and choosing a target audience to designing a page architecture and establishing a tone of voice.
Along the way, you’ll learn about project outlines, must-know business concepts (value proposition, success metrics, etc.), branding, ethnographic research, market research, personas, information architecture, UX design, usability testing, and more. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to deliver a website specification that’s ready to code…and impress your boss.
- Receive step-by-step instructions on how to manage a web project to coding ready status
- Discover why a business goals based project outline is fundamental to project success
- Understand how personas identify feature and function requirements
- See how brand guides and voice and tone tables ensure brand consistency
- Learn about taxonomy, mental models, card sorting, user flows, and wireframes
- See why facilitation and observation are key to conducting effective usability tests
- Discover why pros use the KJ method for user test results analysis and next-step planning