English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1484272541 | 416 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 20 MB
Use this book to prepare for the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Performance Testing exam. The book has been designed to follow the ISTQB syllabus, covering all of the syllabus learning objectives, with additional reference material extending beyond the syllabus. The book covers an overall methodology for managing and conducting performance testing.
Performance testing has often been considered a black art. In many organizations, perhaps an individual or a small group of technical staff or contractors is given the task of “load testing” an extended system, network, or application.
Performance testing is like any other form of testing. It follows a defined test process that is similar to other test types. It utilizes a disciplined approach to the definition of requirements and user stories, the creation of test conditions, test cases, and test procedures. It establishes measurable goals against which the success or failure of the testing can be judged. It also requires (and this cannot be stressed highly enough) a definition and recognition of performance test failures.
Readers will gain the knowledge with both content and practice questions to prepare them for the ISQTB Performance Testing exam. The book covers the performance test types, the performance testing methodology, and the steps to plan, create, and execute performance tests and analyze the results.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic concepts of performance efficiency and performance testing
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements
- Conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests
- Analyze the results of a performance test and communicate the implications to stakeholders
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance testing to stakeholders
- Understand the categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software life cycle