NGINX is one of the most common free, open source web servers. Its performance-oriented architecture and small footprint makes it an ideal choice for high-traffic websites.
NGINX offers great performance and optimal resource utilization to its administrators. This practical guide walks you through how to tune one of the leading free open source web servers to attain optimal performance for high-traffic sites. It also explores ways to improve network utilization for high loads.
The tour starts with an overview of the NGINX architecture. You will build and configure NGINX for optimal utilization of the hardware available. The book demonstrates various practices to improve last mile content delivery by using timeouts, caching, and compression. You’ll also discover various free open source tools to test and benchmark web server performance, allowing you to verify NGINX performance at every step.
What You Will Learn
- Compile and run NGINX from source
- Measure NGINX performance and create baselines
- Tweak NGINX configuration for last-mile performance
- Work with PHP, Python, and other languages using FCGI
- Learn to integrate with other servers over HTTP
- Set up Memcache for a performance boost
- Fine-tune the TCP stack for improved network utilization
- Construct NGINX extensions for various purposes
System administrators, developers, and engineers looking for ways to achieve maximum performance from NGINX will find this book beneficial. If you are looking for solutions such as how to handle more users from the same system or load your website pages faster, then this is the book for you.Homepage