English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800204690 | 515 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 77 MB
A .NET developer’s guide to using their .NET and C# skills for mobile development using Xamarin, Visual Studio 2019, and Azure
The .NET 5 framework is a unified framework with capabilities that enable developers to use Microsoft’s developer ecosystem on a single platform. Xamarin, used for developing mobile applications, is one of the app model implementations for .NET Core infrastructure.
With this book, you’ll learn how to design, architect, and develop attractive, maintainable, and robust mobile applications for multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, and UWP using Xamarin, .NET Core, and Azure. You’ll explore different phases of application development using Xamarin, from environment setup, design, and architecture through to publishing with the help of real-world scenarios. Throughout the book, you’ll learn how to develop mobile apps using Xamarin and .NET Standard. You’ll even be able to implement a web-based backend composed of microservices with .NET Core using various Azure services including, but not limited to Azure Active Directory, Azure Functions, and Cognitive Services. Later chapters will show you how to create data stores using popular database technologies such as Cosmos DB and data models such as the relational model and NoSQL.
By the end of this mobile development book, you will be able to create cross-platform mobile applications that can be deployed as cloud-based PaaS and SaaS.
What you will learn
- Discover the latest features of .NET 5 which can be used in mobile application development
- Explore Xamarin.Forms Shell for building cross-platform mobile UIs
- Understand the technical requirements of a consumer mobile app for your app design
- Focus on advanced concepts in mobile development such as app data management, push notifications, and graph APIs
- Manage app data with Entity Framework Core
- Use Microsoft’s Project Rome for creating cross-device experiences with Xamarin
- Become well-versed with how to implement machine learning in your mobile apps