Orchestrate the designing, development, testing, and deployment of web applications with Symfony
In this book, you will learn some lesser known aspects of development with Symfony, and you will see how to use Symfony as a framework to create reliable and effective applications. You might have developed some impressive PHP libraries in other projects, but what is the point when your library is tied to one particular project? With Symfony, you can turn your code into a service and reuse it in other projects.
This book starts with Symfony concepts such as bundles, routing, twig, doctrine, and more, taking you through the request/response life cycle. You will then proceed to set up development, test, and deployment environments in AWS. Then you will create reliable projects using Behat and Mink, and design business logic, cover authentication, and authorization steps in a security checking process. You will be walked through concepts such as DependencyInjection, service containers, and services, and go through steps to create customized commands for Symfony’s console. Finally, the book covers performance optimization and the use of Varnish and Memcached in our project, and you are treated with the creation of database agnostic bundles and best practices.
What you will learn
- Install and configure Symfony and required third-party bundles to develop a task management application
- Set up a continuous integration server to orchestrate automatic builds every time you add a new feature to your project
- Reduce maintenance costs dramatically using Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Create a slick user interface using the Bootstrap framework
- Design robust business logic using Doctrine
- Build a comprehensive dashboard and secure your project using the Sonata project
- Improve performance using Redis, Memcache, and Varnish
- Create customized Symfony commands and add them to your console