English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788993173 | 450 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Mastering pfSense 2.4: Master the art of managing, securing, and monitoring your on-premises and Cloud network using the powerful pfSense 2.4.3
Install and configure a pfSense router/firewall, and become a pfSense expert in the process.
pfSense has the same reliability and stability as even the most popular commercial firewall offerings on the market вЂ“ but, like the very best open-source software, it doesnвЂ™t limit you.
YouвЂ™re in control вЂ“ you can exploit and customize pfSense around your security needs.
Mastering pfSense – Second Edition, covers features that have long been part of pfSense such as captive portal, VLANs, traffic shaping, VPNs, load balancing, Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP), multi-WAN, and routing. It also covers features that have been added with the release of 2.4, such as support for ZFS partitions and OpenVPN 2.4. This book takes into account the fact that, in order to support increased cryptographic loads, pfSense version 2.5 will require a CPU that supports AES-NI.
The second edition of this book places more of an emphasis on the practical side of utilizing pfSense than the previous edition, and, as a result, more examples are provided which show in step-by-step fashion how to implement many features.
What You Will Learn
- Configure pfSense services such as DHCP, Dynamic DNS, captive portal, DNS, NTP and SNMP
- Set up a managed switch to work with VLANs
- Use pfSense to allow, block and deny traffic, and to implement Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Make use of the traffic shaper to lower and raise the priority of certain types of traffic
- Set up and connect to a VPN tunnel with pfSense
- Incorporate redundancy and high availability by utilizing load balancing and the Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP)
- Explore diagnostic tools in pfSense to solve network problems