English | 2017 | ISBN: 1783982608 | 342 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Mastering MongoDB 3.x: An expert’s guide to building fault-tolerant MongoDB applications
MongoDB has grown to become the de facto NoSQL database with millions of users—from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. Addressing the limitations of SQL schema-based databases, MongoDB pioneered a shift of focus for DevOps and offered sharding and replication maintainable by DevOps teams. The book is based on MongoDB 3.x and covers topics ranging from database querying using the shell, built in drivers, and popular ODM mappers to more advanced topics such as sharding, high availability, and integration with big data sources.
You will get an overview of MongoDB and how to play to its strengths, with relevant use cases. After that, you will learn how to query MongoDB effectively and make use of indexes as much as possible. The next part deals with the administration of MongoDB installations on-premise or in the cloud. We deal with database internals in the next section, explaining storage systems and how they can affect performance. The last section of this book deals with replication and MongoDB scaling, along with integration with heterogeneous data sources. By the end this book, you will be equipped with all the required industry skills and knowledge to become a certified MongoDB developer and administrator.
What You Will Learn
- Get hands-on with advanced querying techniques such as indexing, expressions, arrays, and more.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain highly scalable MongoDB environment like an expert.
- Master replication and data sharding to optimize read/write performance.
- Design secure and robust applications based on MongoDB.
- Administer MongoDB-based applications on-premise or in the cloud
- Scale MongoDB to achieve your design goals
- Integrate MongoDB with big data sources to process huge amounts of data