Linux is everywhere. Whether you run a home office, a small business, or manage enterprise systems, Linux can empower your network to perform at its very best. Armed with the advanced tools and best practice guidance of this practical guide, you’ll be able to mold Linux networks to your will, empowering your systems and their users to take advantage of all that Linux-based networks have to offer.
Understand how Linux networks function and get to grips with essential tips and tricks to manage them – whether you’re already managing a networks, or even just starting out. With Debian and CentOS as its source, this book will divulge all the details you need to manage a real Linux-based network. With detailed activities and instructions based on real-world scenarios, this book will be your guide to the exciting world of Linux networking.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure the Debian and CentOS systems
- Set up and configure file servers
- Administer networked nodes remotely
- Discover how to monitor system performance for peak health
- Configure network services such as DNS and DHCP
- Host HTTP content via Apache
- Troubleshoot Linux networking issues