English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785881640 | 452 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 29 MB
Single-page web applications—or SPAs, as they are commonly referred to—are quickly becoming the de facto standard for web app development. The fact that a major part of the app runs inside a single web page makes it very interesting and appealing. Also, the accelerated growth of browser capabilities is pushing us closer to the day when all apps will run entirely in the browser.
This book will teach you to leverage the MEAN stack to do everything from document database design, routing REST web API requests, data-binding within views, and adding authentication and security to building a full-fledged, complex, single-page web application.
What You Will Learn
- Organize your development environment using the command line with NPM, Bower, and Grunt
- Choose an accurate design pattern for your app
- Build a single page application using the MEAN stack
- Connect your app across popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Test your app, both on the server side and in views
- Prepare your app for the real world and deploy it to Heroku