50+ Sample Automation Programs across Configuration Management, Container Orchestration, Kubernetes, and Cloud Networking
The first section of the book covers the fundamentals of automation scripting and testing. Readers will learn how to create successful automation scripts and test them to ensure they perform properly. The next section describes how to set up a network automation environment. This includes configuring network devices, servers, and other components required for automation. The readers will learn about the various protocols as well as how to use Ansible to automate the configuration management of these devices. It covers containerization and container orchestration systems such as Docker and Kubernetes. Readers will learn how to use tools such as Docker Compose and Kubernetes to automate workload management and deployment.
The final section of the book focuses on cloud networking. The readers will learn how to handle network resources in cloud systems such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure. Readers get to work with tools and services available for cloud networking automation, best practices and how to use them in their regular cloud networking operations.
- Setting up GNS3, Eclipse IDE, cpp-netlib, Boost, OpenSSL, and zlib libraries
- Configure the ports, hosts, and servers using C++ scripting
- Writing, testing, and validating network automation scripts in both, test and production environment
- Building docker images, running containers, and managing container deployments
- Using Ansible for server provisioning, automated system identification and managing auto-updates
- Automating container scheduling, service discovery, and load balancing
- Setting up Kubernetes cluster, Nginx ingress, implementing service mesh, and automating firewall configuration
- Working with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Networking Services for Cloud Automation