English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78328-849-6 | 270 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI +code | 11 MB
Backbone.js is a popular library to build single page applications used by many start-ups around the world because of its flexibility, robustness and simplicity. It allows you to bring your own tools and libraries to make amazing webapps with your own rules. However, due to its flexibility it is not always easy to create scalable applications with it. By learning the best practices and project organization you will be able to create maintainable and scalable web applications with Backbone.js.
With this book you will start right from organizing your Backbone.js application to learn where to put each module and how to wire them. From organizing your code in a logical and physical way, you will go on to delimit view responsibilities and work with complex layouts.
Synchronizing models in a two-way binding can be difficult and with sub resources attached it can be even worse. The next chapter will explain strategies for how to deal with these models. The following chapters will help you to manage module dependencies on your projects, explore strategies to upload files to a RESTful API and store information directly in the browser for using it with Backbone.js. After testing your application, you are ready to deploy it to your production environment. The final chapter will cover different flavors of authorization.
The Backbone.js library can be difficult to master, but in this book you will get the necessary skill set to create applications with it, and you will be able to use any other library you want in your stack.
What you will learn
- Build web applications that scale with Backbone.js
- Design a powerful architecture that eliminates maintenance nightmares
- Use common patterns and best practices in Backbone.js web applications developments
- Pack your applications to be deployed to production environments
- Clean up your code organization to a simple and maintainable architecture
- Test your components and get confidence with your code
- Deal with common scenarios like file uploading and login issues