English | 2015 | ISBN: 978-1-78588-422-1 | 298 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 17 MB
There are millions of Android apps out there for people to download how do you make sure yours has the edge? It’s not always about innovation and ideas the most successful apps are those that are able to satisfy customer demands they’re the ones that look the best, the fastest, and the easiest and most intuitive to use.
This book shows you how to create Android applications that do precisely that it has been designed help you consider and answer those questions throughout the development process, so you can create applications that stand out against the crowd. Learn how to create exemplary UIs that contribute to a satisfying user experience through the lens of Material Design, and explore how to harness the range of features within the Android SDK to help you. Dive deeper into complex programming concepts and discover how to leverage concurrency and navigate memory management and image handling. You’ll also find further guidance on testing and debugging so you can guarantee that your application is reliable and robust for users.
Beyond this you’ll find out how to extend your app and add greater functionality, including notifications, location services, adverts and app billing (essential if you want to properly monetize your creation!). To make sure you have confidence at every stage in the process, the book also shows you how to release your app to the Play store to make sure your maximising your efforts to create a popular Android application!
What You Will Learn
- Create an Android project with Android M features
- Design the basic navigation for our app using the UI components
- Set up a cloud-based platform and store data on it
- Implement programming patterns such as Singleton and Observer to maintain your project code for future use
- Display lists and grids using Android RecyclerView
- Implement user interface components and make your app look professional
- Handle, download, and store images along with memory management
- Create the database and content providers to perform read-write operations
- Add notifications to the app and analytics to track the user’s usage
- Show a Google map view on your app
- Configure minify to obfuscate the code
- Add adverts and create products for purchase in your app