English | 2015 | ISBN: 978-1-78398-696-5 | 272 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 18 MB
OpenStack is a free and open source cloud computing platform that is rapidly gaining popularity in Enterprise data centres. It is a scalable operating system and is used to build private and public clouds. It is imperative for all the aspiring cloud administrators to possess OpenStack skills if they want to succeed in the cloud-led IT infrastructure space.
This book will help you gain a clearer understanding of OpenStack’s components and their interaction with each other to build a cloud environment. You will learn to deploy a self-service based cloud using just four virtual machines and standard networking.
You begin with an introduction on the basics of cloud computing. This is followed by a brief look into the need for authentication and authorization, the different aspects of dashboards, cloud computing fabric controllers, along with “Networking as a Service” and “Software Defined Networking.” Then, you will focus on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting different architectures such as Keystone, Horizon, Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Swift, and Glance. Furthermore, you will see how all of the OpenStack components come together in providing IaaS to users. Finally, you will take your OpenStack cloud to the next level by integrating it with other IT ecosystem elements before automation.
By the end of this book, you will be proficient with the fundamentals and application of OpenStack.
What You Will Learn
- Get an introduction to OpenStack and its components
- Authenticate and authorize the cloud environment using Keystone
- Store and retrieve data and images using storage components such as Cinder, Swift, and Glance
- Use Nova to build a Cloud Computing fabric controller
- Abstract technology-agnostic networks using the Neutron network component
- Gain an understanding of optional components such as Ceilometer, Trove, Ironic, Sahara, Barbican, Zaqar, Designate, Manila, and many more
- See how all of the OpenStack components collaborate to provide IaaS to users
- Create a production-grade OpenStack and automate your OpenStack Cloud