| | Pages | | MB
Designing and writing real-time streaming applications with Apache Apex
Apache Apex is a next-generation stream processing framework designed to operate on data at large scale, with minimum latency, maximum reliability, and strict correctness guarantees.
Half of the book consists of Apex applications, showing you key aspects of data processing pipelines such as connectors for sources and sinks, and common data transformations. The other half of the book is evenly split into explaining the Apex framework, and tuning, testing, and scaling Apex applications.
Much of our economic world depends on growing streams of data, such as social media feeds, financial records, data from mobile devices, sensors and machines (the Internet of Things – IoT). The projects in the book show how to process such streams to gain valuable, timely, and actionable insights. Traditional use cases, such as ETL, that currently consume a significant chunk of data engineering resources are also covered.
The final chapter shows you future possibilities emerging in the streaming space, and how Apache Apex can contribute to it.
What You Will Learn
- Put together a functioning Apex application from scratch
- Scale an Apex application and configure it for optimal performance
- Understand how to deal with failures via the fault tolerance features of the platform
- Use Apex via other frameworks such as Beam
- Understand the DevOps implications of deploying Apex