English | 2018 | ISBN: 1789953299 | 796 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 69 MB
A comprehensive guide to Python programming for web development using the most popular Python web framework – Django
If you want to develop complete Python web apps with Django, this Learning Path is for you. It will walk you through Python programming techniques and guide you in implementing them when creating 4 professional Django projects, teaching you how to solve common problems and develop RESTful web services with Django and Python. You will learn how to build a blog application, a social image bookmarking website, an online shop, and an e-learning platform.
Learn Web Development with Python will get you started with Python programming techniques, show you how to enhance your applications with AJAX, create RESTful APIs, and set up a production environment for your Django projects. Last but not least, you’ll learn the best practices for creating real-world applications.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will have a full understanding of how Django works and how to use it to build web applications from scratch.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Learn Python Programming by Fabrizio Romano
- Django RESTful Web Services by Gaston C. Hillar
- Django Design Patterns and Best Practices by Arun Ravindran
What you will learn
- Explore the fundamentals of Python programming with interactive projects
- Grasp essential coding concepts along with the basics of data structures and control flow
- Develop RESTful APIs from scratch with Django and the Django REST Framework
- Create automated tests for RESTful web services
- Debug, test, and profile RESTful web services with Django and the Django REST Framework
- Use Django with other technologies such as Redis and Celery