English | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 2h 23m | 262 MB
Learn Python programming the easy way, complete with examples, quizzes, exercises, and more. Learn Python 2 and Python 3.
This course will teach you Python in a practical manner, complete with examples, quizzes, exercises, and more. You will learn when to use Python 2 and Python 3; both versions are covered in the course and you will learn to program in both. You’ll learn how to take tedious and repetitious tasks and turn them into programs that will save you time and simplify your life on Linux, UNIX, or MAC systems. You will learn how to prepare your computer for programming in Python; how to work with various data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, Booleans; how to perform mathematical operations using Python, and more.
A complete course packed with step-by-step instructions, practice exercises with solutions, and quizzes. This course is clearly divided into small parts to help you understand each part individually and learn at your own pace. Once you’ve completed this course you’ll know how to write programs that will run on the Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems. You can even take what you’ve learned and apply it to web applications.
What You Will Learn
- When to use Python 2 and when to use Python 3.
- How to install Python on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- How to prepare your computer for programming in Python.
- The various ways to run a Python program on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Suggested text editors and Integrated Development Environments to use when coding in Python.
- How to work with various data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, Booleans, and more.
- What variables are and when to use them.
- How to perform mathematical operations using Python.
- How to capture input from a user.
- Ways to control the flow of your programs.
- The importance of white space in Python.
- How to organize your Python programs: learn what goes where.
- What modules are, when you should use them, and how to create your own.
- How to define and use functions.
- Important built-in Python functions that you’ll use often.
- How to read from and write to files.
- The difference between binary and text files.
- Various ways of getting help, including finding Python documentation.
Course Overview and Downloads
1 Course Overview
2 Python 2 vs Python 3
3 Installing Python on Windows
4 Installing Python on Mac
5 Installing Python on Linux
6 Writing Python Programs
7 Running Python Programs
Strings and Variables
8 Section Overview
9 Variables and Strings
10 Functions and Printing
11 String Methods
12 String Concatenation
13 Formatting Strings
14 Section Summary
15 Solutions to the Practice Exercises – #1 – Video
16 Solutions to the Practice Exercises – #2 – Video
17 Solutions to the Practice Exercises – #3 – Video
Numbers and Math
18 Section Overview
19 Numbers, Numeric Operations, and Numeric Functions
21 Section Summary
Booleans and Conditionals
22 Section Overview
25 Section Summary
26 Section Overview
27 Functions, Part I
28 Functions, Part II
29 Section Summary
30 Section Overview
33 Exception Handling
35 Sorting and Ranges
36 Section Summary
37 Section Overview
38 Dictionaries – Part I
39 Dictionaries – Part II
40 Section Summary
41 Section Overview
43 Section Summary
44 Section Overview
45 Files, Part I
46 Files, Part II
47 Section Summary
48 Section Overview
49 Modules, Part I
50 Modules, Part II
51 Section Overview