English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788837668 | 242 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Kotlin Standard Library Cookbook: Master the powerful Kotlin standard library through practical code examples
Build optimized applications in Kotlin by learning how to make use of the standard library features the smart way
Given the verbosity of Java, developers have turned to Kotlin for effective software development. The Kotlin standard library provides vital tools that make day-to-day Kotlin programming easier. This library features the core attributes of the language, such as algorithmic problems, design patterns, data processing, and working with files and data streams
As you make your way through the chapters, you’ll learn how to implement clean, reusable functions and scalable interfaces containing default implementations. In the concluding chapters, we’ll provide recipes on functional programming concepts, such as lambdas, monads, functors, and Kotlin scoping functions.
By the end of the book, you’ll be able to address a range of problems that Kotlin developers face by implementing easy-to-follow solutions.
What You Will Learn
- Work with ranges, progressions, and sequences in use cases
- Add new functionalities to current classes with Kotlin extensions
- Understand elements such as lambdas, closures, and monads
- Build a REST API consumer with Retrofit and a coroutine adapter
- Discover useful tips and solutions for making your Android projects
- Explore the benefits of standard library features