Get a Jump Start on version control with Git today!
If you’ve worked on a web development project of any size, you’ve probably used Git, the most broadly adopted distributed version control system available. It enables you to store different versions of project files and directories, so you can roll back to an earlier one if something goes wrong. And since it’s distributed, it smoothes the path for dev team collaboration.
This short, practical book will help you to:
- Understand Git’s core philosophy.
- Get started with Git: install it, learn the basic commands, and set up your first project.
- Work with Git as part of a collaborative team.
- Use Git’s debugging tools for maximum debug efficiency.
- Master Git workflow
- Take control with Git’s advanced features: reflog, rebase, stash, and more.
- Use Git with cloud-based Git repository host services like Github and Bitbucket.
- See how Git’s used effectively on large open-source projects.
Whether you’re a Git newbie or you’ve been using it for some time but only really scratching the surface of its capabilities, this book will help you to gain a deep understanding of how Git works, and how to use it to streamline your workflow.Homepage