This practical guide shows you how to make the most of jQuery to boost the performance of your websites and applications. We start off with a quick glance through the basics of JQuery, followed by the explanation of JQuery selectors, filters, and DOM element manipulation. After this, you will learn how events and animations can be used to create and design beautiful and user-friendly sites. Next, you will be familiarized with Ajax functions to help you send and receive data from your server. Finally, we’ll walk you through using built-in plugins and eventually create your own plugins for your websites.
By the end of this book, you will be able to to build robust and efficient websites successfully using JQuery.
What you will learn
- Quickly find and modify HTML DOM elements
- Use animation to add flair to your site
- Create your own events to decouple your application
- Write unit tests to ensure that your application is behaving correctly
- Use plugins to to save reinventing the wheel and enhance your site quickly
- Use client-side validation on forms to prevent your users from sending bad data to your application
- Write your own jQuery plugins in order to encapsulate your company’s business logic
- Build dynamic websites efficiently without any performance issues
- Learn to use existing jQuery plugins and or write your own for your websites
- This is the most up-to-date book on the market at the moment, packed with detailed explanations and real-world examples