English | MP4 | AVC 1920×1080 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 2h 34m | 468 MB
Control, monitor, and manage a large physical environment using ESP32 SoC. Build and operate sensor nodes in a fully distributed network
The increase in the number of low-powered and portable smart devices has fostered the Internet of things. Maintaining, controlling, and monitoring network of such devices is quite challenging. It becomes difficult for individual sensor nodes to have knowledge of the whole network.
This course starts off with the fundamentals of Wireless Sensors Networks. You will see how to overcome challenges in gathering and propagating data to an entire network whose size and density is unknown; learn to use protocols and algorithms, allowing each sensor node to sense the aggregated physical environmental conditions of the entire network; and apply graph theory to a sensor’s network to model a smarter environment. With hands-on sessions, you’ll develop P2P using the open source ESP32 microchip.
By the end of the course, you will have gained a deep understanding of managing, controlling, and maintaining a fully distributed, wireless sensor network using the ESP32 system on a chip.
This course follows a problem oriented approach to understand the why, what and how of Wireless Sensors Network technology. As always, we will start-off by getting ourselves familiarized with the technologies, its usages and potential in different fields. An in-depth knowledge about graph theory will be studied which is fundamental to design and architect a sensors network. Data collection algorithms will be studied in different topologies. We will then move forward in practical implementation of the sensors node and their P2P connectivity. The implemented nodes will then help us build a small sensors network on which we will apply distributed network challenges and solve them using algorithms like gossip and more.
- Architect sensor networks for various application setups
- Understand how to model a sensor network using graph theory
- Understand different types of dataflow, and routing protocols, in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Explore the design space and conduct trade-off analyses between performance and resources
- Design and implement multiple sensor nodes using ESP32, to construct a fully distributed wireless network
- Design and Implement algorithms for distributed data aggregation in your own constructed wireless sensors network
- Evaluate the performance of algorithms on different network topologies