Create, customize, and optimize your own professional games from scratch with Unity 2022
Includes invitation to join the online Unity Game Development community to read the book alongside Unity developers/C# programmers and Nicolas Borromeo.
- Create the game prototype and learn the fundamentals of Unity editor to build scenes, objects and import objects
- Add interactivity, win/lose conditions, sound, graphics and artificial intelligence using C# and visual scripting
- Improve the game graphics, user interface, add visual effects and animations using Animator, Cinemachine, and Timeline
Unity is a cross-platform game engine that provides you with powerful but simple-to-use features to solve the most common problems in Game Development, such as rendering, animation, physics, sound, and effects. You’ll learn to use these features to create simple but complete games (and all the nuances needed to handle Unity).
Complete with hands-on tutorials and projects, this book will teach you to use the Unity game engine, create C# and visual scripts, integrate graphics, sound, and animations, and manipulate physics to create interesting mechanics for your game. You’ll then code a simple AI agent to challenge the user and work with profiling tools to ensure code efficiency.
Finally, you’ll work with Unity’s AR tools to create AR experiences for 3D apps and games before publishing them to the world.
If you are interested in creating impressive, commercial-quality games that are playable on a variety of platforms, then you’ve come to the right place.
What you will learn
- Build a game prototype that includes gameplay, player and non-player characters, assets, animations, and more
- Set up and navigate the game engine to dive into the Unity Editor and discover unique and new features released in 2022
- Learn both C# and Visual Scripting to customize player movements, the user interface, and game physics
- Apply shaders to improve your game graphics using Shader Graph and Universal Render Pipeline (URP)
- Create win-lose conditions for the game by using design patterns such as Singleton and Event Listeners
- Implement Game AI to build a fully functional enemy capable of detecting and attacking the player
- Debug, test, optimize, and create an executable version of the game to share with your friends