English | 2020 | ISBN: 1838642006 | 400 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 779 MB
A step-by-step guide taking you through the most important concepts of building immersive experience using the latest features of Unity 2020
Unity game engine extends its scope from just creating video games to building AR/VR experiences, complex simulations, realtime realistic rendering, films and serious games for training and education. With its features for implementing Game AI and customization using C# programming, Unity is a wholesome platform for building rich experience at a professional level.
The book attempts to build complete Unity projects in a step-by-step manner to see your knowledge of Unity concepts applied immediately for getting results as fast as possible. Complete with hands-on tutorials, projects, and self-assessment questions, this easy-to-follow guide will teach you to develop your first full game learning several Unity tools.
You will learn how to make the most out of Unity Editor, create scripts using C#, delve into graphics, sound, and animations and manipulate physics to create interesting mechanics for your game. All of that will be slowly but immediately applied to a finished real-world game.
By the end of this book you will have a full game finished and a solid foundation of several unity tools to decide which area of game development is better suited for you.
What you will learn
- Edit game scenes and level using the Unity Editor
- Create objects for scenes using GameObjects, Components and Prefabs
- Write scripts for customizing various aspects of a game such as physics, gameplay, and UI
- Program rich shaders and effects using Unity’s new Shader Graph
- Create rich particle systems for your Unity games from scratch
- Implement Game Artificial Intelligence for controlling the behavior of the characters
- Detect and fix CPU-bound and GPU-bound optimization issues using Batching and Overdraw respectively