English | 2020 | ISBN: 1838827991 | 265 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 31 MB
Effectively deploying fully managed workloads using Google Cloud Platform serverless services
Google Cloud’s serverless platform enables the realization of scaling fully managed solutions without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. With this book, you will learn how to design, develop, and deploy full-stack serverless apps capable of taking advantage of Google Cloud Platform.
The book commences with a quick overview of the GCP console, its features, UI and capabilities. You will explore the core aspects of serverless products such as Google Cloud Functions and Google App Engine to showcase essential features like version control, image management, and identity and access management through the help of real-world use cases. You will also learn how to incorporate continuous integration / continuous deployment techniques for serverless applications. Along the course, you will also learn how Knative, Kubernetes engine and serverless containers integrate with Cloud Run.
By the end of this book, readers will have acquired sufficient knowledge to become proficient at developing, managing, and deploying containerized applications on Google Cloud Platform.
What you will learn
- Explore various options to deploy serverless workloads on GCP
- Learn to determine the appropriate serverless product for your application
- Integrate multiple lightweight functions to build scalable and resilient services
- Increase productivity by automating the build process with Cloud Build
- Understand how service accounts can secure serverless workloads
- Build a robust serverless architecture with Google Cloud Functions