English | 2020 | ISBN: 1800209671 | 368 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 113 MB
Kick-start your DevOps career by learning how to effectively deploy Kubernetes on Azure in an easy, comprehensive, and fun way with hands-on coding tasks
From managing versioning efficiently to improving security and portability, technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker have greatly helped cloud deployments and application development.
Starting with an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), this book will guide you through deploying an AKS cluster in different ways. You’ll then explore the Azure portal by deploying a sample guestbook application on AKS and installing complex Kubernetes apps using Helm. With the help of real-world examples, you’ll also get to grips with scaling your application and cluster. As you advance, you’ll understand how to overcome common challenges in AKS and secure your application with HTTPS and Azure AD (Active Directory). Finally, you’ll explore serverless functions such as HTTP triggered Azure functions and queue triggered functions.
By the end of this Kubernetes book, you’ll be well-versed with the fundamentals of Azure Kubernetes Service and be able to deploy containerized workloads on Microsoft Azure with minimal management overhead.
What you will learn
- Plan, configure, and run containerized applications in production
- Use Docker to build apps in containers and deploy them on Kubernetes
- Improve the configuration and deployment of apps on the Azure Cloud
- Store your container images securely with Azure Container Registry
- Install complex Kubernetes applications using Helm
- Integrate Kubernetes with multiple Azure PaaS services, such as databases, Event Hubs and Functions.