English | 2019 | ISBN: 1788837866 | 352 Pages | EPUB | 61 MB
Discover how cloud-native microservice architecture helps you to build dynamically scalable applications by using the most widely used and adopted runtime environments
Businesses today are evolving rapidly, and developers now face the challenge of building applications that are resilient, flexible, and native to the cloud. To achieve this, you’ll need to be aware of the environment, tools, and resources that you’re coding against.
The book will begin by introducing you to cloud-native architecture and simplifying the major concepts. You’ll learn to build microservices in Jakarta EE using MicroProfile with Thorntail and Narayana LRA. You’ll then delve into cloud-native application x-rays, understanding the MicroProfile specification and the implementation/testing of microservices. As you progress further, you’ll focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery, in addition to learning how to dockerize your services. You’ll also cover concepts and techniques relating to security, monitoring, and troubleshooting problems that might occur with applications after you’ve written them.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with the skills you need to build highly resilient applications using cloud-native microservice architecture.
What you will learn
- Integrate reactive principles in MicroProfile microservices architecture
- Explore the 12-factors-app paradigm and its implications
- Get the best out of Java versions 8 and 9 to implement a microservice based on Thorntail
- Understand what OpenShift is and why it is so important for an elastic architecture
- Build a Linux container image using Docker and scale the application using Kubernetes
- Implement various patterns such as, Circuit Breaker and bulkheads
- Get to grips with the DevOps methodology using continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)