English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78588-314-9 | 376 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
With the mass explosion of Android mobile phones in the world, mobile devices have become an integral part of our everyday lives. Security of Android devices is a broad subject that should be part of our everyday lives to defend against ever-growing smartphone attacks. Everyone, starting with end users all the way up to developers and security professionals should care about android security.
Hacking Android is a step-by-step guide that will get you started with Android security. You’ll begin your journey at the absolute basics, and then will slowly gear up to the concepts of Android rooting, application security assessments, malware, infecting APK files, and fuzzing. On this journey you’ll get to grips with various tools and techniques that can be used in your everyday pentests. You’ll gain the skills necessary to perform Android application vulnerability assessment and penetration testing and will create an Android pentesting lab.
What You Will Learn
- Acquaint yourself with the fundamental building blocks of Android Apps in the right way
- Pentest Android apps and perform various attacks in the real world using real case studies
- Take a look at how your personal data can be stolen by malicious attackers
- Understand the offensive maneuvers that hackers use
- Discover how to defend against threats
- Get to know the basic concepts of Android rooting
- See how developers make mistakes that allow attackers to steal data from phones
- Grasp ways to secure your Android apps and devices
- Find out how remote attacks are possible on Android devices