English | 2018 | ISBN: 1284147803 | 450 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Hacker Techniques, Tools, and Incident Handling, Third Edition covers the basic strategies and tools that prepare students to engage in proactive and aggressive cyber security activities, with an increased focus on Pen testing and Red Teams. The text begins with an examination of the landscape, key terms, and concepts that a security professional needs to know about hackers and computer criminals who break into networks, steal information, and corrupt data. Part II provides a technical overview of hacking: how attackers target cyber resources and the methodologies they follow. Part III studies those methods that are most effective when dealing with hacking attacks, especially in an age of increased reliance on distributed devices. Written by subject matter experts, with numerous real-world examples, Hacker Techniques, Tools, and Incident Handling, Third Edition provides readers with a clear, comprehensive introduction to the many threats on the security of our cyber environments and what can be done to combat them.
- Includes the latest content and tactics related to hacking and pen testing basics
- Provides a foundation for pen testers to learn solid techniques
- Discusses hacking from both perspectives- the hacker and the defender
- Coverage of the Internet of Things and how it has expanded attack surfaces
- Aligned to current industry best practices
- Available with the Virtual Security Cloud Labs which provide a hands-on, immersive mock IT infrastructure enabling students to test their skills with realistic security scenarios