English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-0367265458 | 388 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
This book is intended as an undergraduate/postgraduate level textbook for courses on high-speed optical networks as well as computer networks. Nine chapters cover the basic principles of the technology and different devices for optical networks, as well as processing of integrated waveguide devices of optical networks using different technologies. It provides students, researchers and practicing engineers with an expert guide to the fundamental concepts, issues and state-of-the-art developments in optical networks. It includes examples throughout all the chapters of the book to aid understanding of basic problems and solutions.
- Presents basics of the optical network devices and discusses latest developments
- Includes examples and exercises throughout all the chapters of the book to aid understanding of basic problems and solutions for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Discusses different optical network node architectures and their components
- Includes basic theories and latest developments of hardware devices with their fabrication technologies (such as optical switch, wavelength router, wavelength division multiplexer/demultiplexer and add/drop multiplexer), helpful for researchers to initiate research on this field and to develop research problem-solving capability
- Reviews fiber-optic networks without WDM and single-hop and multi-hop WDM optical networks