Architect and deliver packaged Force.com applications that cater to enterprise business needsA must-read for all Force.com Architects!
Companies of all sizes have seen the need for Force.com’s architectural strategy focused on enabling their business objectives. Successful enterprise applications require planning, commitment, and investment in the best tools, processes, and features available.
This book will teach you how to architect and support enduring applications for enterprise clients with Salesforce by exploring how to identify architecture needs and design solutions based on industry standard patterns. There are several ways to build solutions on Force.com, and this book will guide you through a logical path and show you the steps and considerations required to build packaged solutions from start to finish. It covers all aspects, from engineering to getting your application into the hands of your customers, and ensuring that they get the best value possible from your Force.com application. You will get acquainted with extending tools such as Lightning App Builder, Process Builder, and Flow with your own application logic. In addition to building your own application API, you will learn the techniques required to leverage the latest Lightning technologies on desktop and mobile platforms.
What You Will Learn
- Package, install, test, and upgrade an application
- Define architecture-aligning data storage and functional requirements
- Develop Apex code that is easy to navigate, self-documenting, testable, robust, and organic
- Leverage your application’s clientagnostic Service layer backbone to support numerous platform areas
- Get the most from hosting your application within the Lightning Experience and Salesforce1 Mobile clients
- Apply querying, indexing, and asynchronous best practices
- Leverage mocking and dependency injection in your Apex tests
- Explore tips for developing advanced applications