English | 2020 | ISBN: 1138553781 | 556 Pages | PDF | 15 MB
Digital Transformation of Enterprise Architecture is the first book to propose Enterprise Architecture (EA) as the most important element (after Business Models) for digital transformation of enterprises. This book makes digital transformation more tangible by showing the rationale and typical technologies associated with it, and these technologies in turn reveal the essence of digital transformation. This book would be useful for analysts, designers and developers of future-ready agile application systems.
This book proposes that it is the perennial quest for interoperability & portability, scalability, availability, etc., that has directed and driven the evolution of the IT/IS industry in the past 50 years. It is this very quest that has led to the emergence of technologies like service-oriented, cloud, and big data computing. In addition to the conventional attributes of EA like interoperability, scalability and availability, this book identifies additional attributes of mobility, ubiquity, security, analyticity, and usability.
This pragmatic book:
- Identifies three parts effort for any digital transformation: Business Models, Enterprise Architectures and Enterprise Processes.
- Describes eight attributes of EA: interoperability, scalability, availability, mobility, ubiquity, security, analyticity, and usability.
- Explains the corresponding technologies of service-oriented, cloud, big data, context-aware, Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain, soft, and interactive computing.
- Briefs on auxiliary technologies like integration, virtualization, replication, spatio-temporal databases, embedded systems, cryptography, data mining, and interactive interfaces that are essential for digital transformation of enterprise architecture.
- Introduces interactive interfaces like voice, gaze, gesture and 3D interfaces.
- Provides an overview of blockchain computing, soft computing, and customer interaction systems.
Digital Transformation of Enterprise Architecture proposes that to withstand the disruptive digital storms of the future, enterprises must bring about digital transformation, i.e. a transformation that affects an exponential change (amplification or attenuation) in any aspect of the constituent attributes of EA. It proposes that each of these technologies (service-oriented, cloud, big data, context-aware, IoT, blockchain, soft, and interactive computing) bring about digital transformation of the corresponding EA attribute viz. interoperability, scalability, availability, mobility, ubiquity, security, analyticity, and usability.