English | 2018 | ISBN: 1786469168 | 381 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 213 MB
The Ardupilot platform is an application ecosystem that encompasses various OS projects for drone programming, flight control, and advanced functionalities.The Ardupilot platform supports many Comms and APIs, such as DroneKit, ROS, and MAVLink. It unites OS drone projects to provide a common codebase. With the help of this book, you will have the satisfaction of building a drone from scratch and exploring its many recreational uses (aerial photography, playing, aerial surveillance, and so on). This book helps individuals and communities build powerful UAVs for both personal and commercial purposes. You will learn to unleash the Ardupilot technology for building, monitoring, and controlling your drones.This is a step-by-step guide covering practical examples and instructions for assembling a drone, building ground control unit using microcontrollers, QgroundControl, and MissionPlanner.
You can further build robotic applications on your drone utilizing critical software libraries and tools from the ROS framework. With the help of DroneKit and MAVLink (for reliable communication), you can customize applications via cloud and mobile to interact with your UAV.
What you will learn
- Kitbash “dumb” objects into smart ones
- Program Pixhawk for your drones
- Fabricate your own parts out of different materials
- Integrate Pixhawk into different types of drones
- Build and understand the significant difference between land, sea, and air drones
- Adapt old Pixhawk sensors to the new Pixhawk 2.1 plugs
- Become familiar with procedures for testing your new drones