Create highly scalable real-time apps using the MEAN stack
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to use GIT and Node.js.
- Create a MongoDB Schema and use it.
- Make a backend system that interoperates with MongoDB and the AngularJS UI.
- Create REST APIs with Express.js for the backend system to communicate with the frontend system.
- Build a responsive frontend system for the UI that communicates with the backend through Express.js
- Design Socket.IO for asynchronous communication between the frontend and backend server
- Deploy and maintain applications successfully on the Google Cloud platform.
Table of Contents
Setting Up Application Layout
Keeping It Simple- Mocking Out the Data
Knowing Your Tools
Laying the Foundation
Mocha Test – Mocking
MongoDB Drivers- Mocking
The Course Overview
Understanding the DataBases
Creating the Data Model from the Problem at Hand
Introduction to Mongoose
Schema Design Principle- Principle of Least Cardinality
Schema Design Principle- Store What You Query For
Talking to the Outside World
Setting Up Express
Two to Tango- Communicating with the Server
Talking to the Serve System
Introduction to Browserify and Gulp-Browserify
What Is a Single Page app, AngularJS philosophy, and Why It Matters-
Persisting Data with MongoDB and Reacting in Real-Time with Socket.IO
Setting Up Socket.IO