Kubernetes has become the operating system of today’s cloud native world, providing a reliable and scalable platform for running containerized workloads. In this friendly, pragmatic book, cloud experts Justin Domingus and John Arundel show you what Kubernetes can do-and what you can do with it.
This updated second edition guides you through the growing Kubernetes ecosystem and provides practical solutions to everyday problems with software tools currently in use. You’ll walk through an example containerized application running in Kubernetes step-by-step, from the development environment through the continuous deployment pipeline, exploring patterns you can use for your own applications. Make your development teams lean, fast, and effective by adopting Kubernetes and DevOps principles.
- Understand containers and Kubernetes-no experience necessary
- Run your own applications on managed cloud Kubernetes services or on-prem environments
- Design your own cloud native services and infrastructure
- Use Kubernetes to manage resource usage and the container lifecycle
- Optimize clusters for cost, performance, resilience, capacity, and scalability
- Learn the best tools for developing, testing, and deploying your applications
- Apply the latest industry practices for observability and monitoring
- Secure your containers and clusters in production