English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78646-422-4 | 428 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 12 MB
It is critical that modern developers have the right tools to build practical, user-friendly, and efficient applications in order to compete in today’s market. Through hands-on guidance, this book illustrates and demonstrates C++ best practices and the Small Windows object-oriented class library to ease your development of interactive Windows applications.
Begin with a focus on high level application development using Small Windows. Learn how to build four real-world applications which focus on the general problems faced when developing graphical applications. Get essential troubleshooting guidance on drawing, spreadsheet, and word processing applications. Finally finish up with a deep dive into the workings of the Small Windows class library, which will give you all the insights you need to build your own object-oriented class library in C++.
What you will learn
- Develop advanced real-world applications in Windows
- Design and implement a graphical object-oriented class library in C++
- Get to grips with the workings of the integral aspects of the Win32 API, such as mouse input, drawing, cut-and-paste, file handling, and drop files
- Identify general problems when developing graphical applications as well as specific problems regarding drawing, spreadsheet, and word processing applications
- Implement classes, functions, and macros of the object-oriented class library developed in the book and how we implement its functionality by calling functions and macros in the Win32 API
Resolve the captcha to access the links!